Back in 1988, when Nortel developed the Meridian Norstar system for businesses, most thought this was an amazing achievement in phone technology. It was competitive with all the other available systems to the degree Nortel surpassed all and went on to become one of the leading telephone systems in the world.
To this day, businesses still rely on this key system. Take a good look at major retail chains, medical institutions, government facilities and educational environments and you will see Nortel telephones. They are visible worldwide.
One of the memorable abilities of the Meridian Norstar system was the backwards compatible function. The older Meridian M7000 telephones can be used on the newest business communication system. As well, the latest T7000 series can be used on an older Norstar system. This allows for companies to only have to invest in hardware as needed.
When introduced in 1988, Norstar telephones were already equipped with future technology using highly advanced features. The telephones came with LCD displays, heavy duty handsets/telephone body, color-coded keys that showed easy to read fonts. The phone systems included a high quality speaker phone, quick reference card located underneath the handset, high clarity handset and voice quality. Over all, these systems proved to be a very rugged and solid telephone.
For businesses which only need access to just a few lines, the Nortel M7208 basic telephone system is perfect. It has all the programmable features and applications necessary for a professional environment. Soft keys for the LCD windows walk users through all the functions. There is no need for expensive training as this system is super user-friendly. Hands-free speakerphones built in for added convenience and productivity.
- Provides up to 6 lines
- 8 programmable buttons
- 1-line by 16-character LCD Window
The Nortel M7310 Norstar Telephone NT8B20 Black is a full featured phone designed for users with more extensive calling and call handling requirements. It is ideal for users who often call the same customers, accounts, or suppliers. The LCD window and soft keys make this telephone extremely easy to use.
- 10 programmable line or feature buttons
- 12 dual function memory buttons provide quick access
- 24 additional frequently-used features or autodial numbers
- 2-line by 16-character LCD window and soft keys
- Up to 24 telephones by adding a BLF Compatibility
The Nortel Norstar M7310 telephone is compatible with all releases of Norstar CICS and MICS Also compatible with IP Office and Quick Version equipped with IP500 TCM8, IP500 Digital Station 16A, or IP500 Digital Station 30A the Nortel M7310 telephone is for use with a Nortel business phone system.
Many of Nortel business phone systems are bought refurbished. The phones are so long lasting that buying refurbished is often preferred by businesses. The Nortel M7324 model is an expandable, feature-rich telephone equipped to handle heavy call volumes. It is specifically designed for centralized call answering personnel. By attaching two Central Answering Position (CAP modules, an additional 96 memory buttons can be added. This will create a total combination of 120 lines, features, or autodials.
- up to 24 lines, features, and autodials Central Answering Position
- 48 programmable buttons with LCD indication
- Two CAP s can be added to this terminal, providing a maximum total of 120 programmable buttons –Station Auxiliary Power Supply required
- Includes 2-line, 16 character-per-line LCD window with 3 soft keys
- Enhances productivity through hands-free operation and volume control bar
- Compatible with Norstar and Business Communication Manager systems
This is one of the latest business phone systems by Nortel. It is solid and functional, perfect for a growing business.
- Expandable to 8 lines and 24 station ports
- ISDN-BRI compatible Two Universal cartridge slot which accept any combination of Analog Trunk Cartridges
- ISDN-BRI Interface Cartridges Built-in Auto Attendant automatically answers incoming calls – callers can either enter an extension number or use Custom Call Routing to reach a specific extension or department
- Internal Analog Terminal Adapter (ATA) for analog connectivity
- Distinctive Ringing – Trunk-based ringing tones 255 system speed dials
- Customizable integrated applications support voice messaging,
- automated attendants, call center, computer telephony integration
- Supports all Norstar Digital M7000 and T7000 Business Series
Terminals Package Includes:
- 1 Norstar CICS Rev. 7.0 1 Norstar NT7B75GA
- 4 Port C.O. Card
- 2 Norstar M7310 LCD Display Speaker Phone Black
- 2 Norstar M7208 LCD Display Speaker Phone Black
- 1 Pre-recorded Music on Hold (MOH) Module
The Nortel Networks T7316E is a full-featured, expandable, multi-line telephone that is designed specifically for business professionals. As with any Nortel phone system, the telephone is capable of being interchanged with older Nortel Systems.
- 2 line x 16 character LCD tilt display
- 24 fully programmable buttons (16 support LCD indicators)
- Integrated headset interface
- Message waiting indicator/Visual ringing lamp
- 3 display soft keys